10 Aug 2013

Shoe polish - a daily recreational activity

Most nights I rub a pair or two of my shoes with Saphir shoe wax. Every third time using cream to saturate the leather with moist and filling any small lines in the surface. I tend to use any pair of shoes just once a week. And between every use applying vax.
Here a pair of Cheaney's and a pair of Magnanni's applied with Saphir cream. 
Tomorrow I will be applying vax prior to a good polish.
I use the rich vax colour #34, Havanna Tobacco for both pairs. An advice I took up somewhere (from Grunwald, I believe) which gives the lighter brown coloured shoes a deeper and more aged glow.
It is a most enjoyable recreation to nourish one's shoes... 
Here is the impeccable Jeeves performing the very same task...


No comments:

Post a Comment