12 Nov 2013

Weekend in London

This (extended) weekend my wife and I spent in wonderful London. I visited three different vintage stores during our stay: Victory Vintage in Bayswater, Hornets of Kensington and The Vintage Showroom in Covent Garden. Victory Vintage proved to be the most interesting store of the three even though only having a few jackets and suits in my size. I bought a nice pair of fully lined mid-heavy weight flannel trousers at a mere £20. The locations of the Hornets proved really small and narrow fully occupied with only a few customers.. but idyllically placed in a narrow passage in Kensington behind St. Mary Abbotts Church. The Vintage Showroom was a bit over-prized when taking into account the number of items in a not very good condition. In my opinion.

Visiting the Victory Vintage shop in Whiteleys, Bayswater. Wearing a poppy flower in support of the Royal British Legion. My galoshes are in the small black bag in my hand - we had quite some rain that morning. The Movember moustache still sprouting...

Walking pass Kensington Palace. Wearing galoshes and being well protected by my Il Marchesato umbrella.

Covent Garden 

Visiting Primrose Hill in the beautiful sun. The view over London is absolutely magnificent!







No comments:

Post a Comment