10 Mar 2014

Socks with some panache

The other day I read Simon Crompton's (Permanent Style Blog) piece on the American innovative luxury socks from William Abraham. And I felt compelled to visit the online shop.

William Abraham Rake Seersucker socks, 70% Coton Fil D'Ecosse, 30% silk

The socks look very beautiful and the silk mix sounds most appealing, but the price for the 3 pairs I preferred were approx. €200 including postage and import taxes to Europe; a tad over my budget at the moment.
I am quite satisfied with my 100% fil d'ecosse cotton socks from Bresciani. They've over time become my favourite city socks with their beautiful colours, quality and sense of panache: priced at €22 a pair at Mes Chausettes Rouges, Paris. 

Bresciani navy contrast socks, 100% Coton Fil D'Ecosse

The Brescianis matched with my POW check flannel suit

The socks look beautiful with the dark leaf colour of my Cheaney's

Consider matching your socks with your tie. Here matched with my navy/wine Shantung silk tie from Drakes London

Mes Chausettes Rouge are getting more elegant and bold designs in stock that will satisfy my needs; e.g. Pink dots and Red contrast stripes

Pink dots, 100% Coton Fil D'Ecosse

Red contrast rib, 100% Coton Fil D'Ecosse

But one fine day I will get my silk stockings from William Abrahams, I guess...









No comments:

Post a Comment