22 Jun 2014

Argyle socks from Burlington

I bought new Argyle cotton socks from British Burlington because I love wearing breeches and plusfours, but my woolen shooting socks are too warm for the summer. 
And because I intend to take on Golfing- a sport where Argyle socks seems to be quite appropriate.

Not many suppliers provide knee lenght socks in a proper quality, but Burlington does. I went for the "Horse riding" variant with a plus sole and reinforced ancles. The socks are a tad thicker; making them suitable for wearing with breeches - compared to the normal, thin OTC socks for long trousers.

I bought a pair in taupe and a pair in brown hues. The Burlington "Hackney" from Sockshop UK

Off to the golf course

The Burlington Badge

Lovely Argyle patterns


1930s plusfours and Argyle socks





2 comments:

  1. Greetings from Downunder (Melbourne),
    I've just discovered your blog and your personal style is a breath of fresh air and shows you're a man of impeccable taste. The sartorial level of the typical Aussie gent is lower than that of Bulgarian pimp, however, there are a few who try and blaze our own trails. I like the photo of you wearing a homburg. Harrison Ford sported one in "Sabrina' and Will Boehlke from A Suitable Wardrobe also loves them but I would not have the courage to try it here. All the best and I look forward to seeing more of your wardrobe.
    Ian Guild

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sir, thank you for your considerate words; Good to learn about kindred spirits in the antipoles.
      Regarding hats it takes a leap the first times you step out in Fedora or Homburg, but I have become very fond of both. When the attire matches the hat-wearing comes more natural; and much appreciated by fellow-beings, is my experience.
      All the best to you, too! Thanks for noticing my attire chronicles...

      Delete