24 Jul 2014

Bespoke 1984 Tan Gabardine Summer Suit - the Solaro suit

The Gabardine fabric of this beautifully crafted bespoke suit is unusual; at least I have not seen such fabric before. It seems like greenish threads are woven in a madder red base; letting a red hue through the outer layer and together giving the impression at a distance of tan colour. 
The fabric is called "Solaro" and is designed for keeping the sun-rays out.

I had second thoughts when I first saw the fabric about keeping the suit, but since then it has grown on me.
The suit is a three pcs. single breasted three button piece of art. Two pairs of double pleated and cuffed trousers are included.
The suit looks great on a sunny Summer day paired with a Panama hat. I think the dark leaf colour of my Cheaney&Sons ("Cambridge") matches the suit very well.

Great colour for Summer; lightweight suit
Single vent
Made for a British Major

Beautiful craftmanship; lovely details

Rather unusual hue to the Gabardine fabric
Sample from of  Herringbone woven Solaro fabric

I have started a more thorough registration of my wardrobe. Work in progress but you are welcome to visit "My Wardrobe"



Ready for work Wednesday morning



No comments:

Post a Comment