1 Nov 2014

New supplies from Mes Chausettes Rouge

It is always a real pleasure to have new supplies of socks delivered from Mes Chausettes Rouge; the small exquisite stockings shop in Rue C├ęsar Franck, 15eme arrondisement in Paris.
The range of over the calf socks includes only exquisite manufacturers like Gamarelli, Bresciani and Mazarin; but the variety in colours, patterns and materials is grand.
I am especially fond of the striped bi-colour socks manufactured by Mazarin or Gallo; they are a splendid match for my city suits with their hues and fine thin quality.

This time I ordered 5 pairs of socks to supplement my wardrobe. two pairs of  striped socks, a pair of  solid wine cotton, a pair dark brown wool and finally a pair of black silk/cashmere evening socks.

Green/black stripes from Gallo. 100% fil d'ecosse. My advice is to opt for one size less than your regular size when choosing Gallo.

The green/black stripes matched with a vintage charcoal city suit and black Oxford captoes.


Navy/brown fil d'ecosse socks from Mazarin

The cashmere/silk blend is very comfortable; the socks will prove their worth when my wife and I attend the Gatsby Ball in Copenhagen next week; I will be wearing my evening tails complemented with these socks. Upon a night of dancing the Charleston we will see the value of the silk/cashmere.


The service is eminent at Mes Chausettes Rouge and they always include a personal salute

You are also welcome to look at these older posts on socks from Mes Chausettes Rouges.

Socks with some panache

New OTC socks from Mes Chausettes Rouges






No comments:

Post a Comment