6 Dec 2014

Weekend at the seaside Strandhotel Glücksburg

This weekend my wife and I stay at the seaside hotel Strandhotel Glücksburg; an event that has become an annual treat. My wife and I fell in love with this amiable hotel when we first time stayed here six years ago. What is not to love about a classic late 19th century house with bright Scandinavian interior, white-painted wooden panels, and tall windows with crossbars?
The staff are truly accommodating and the service is excellent.
The hotel offers a wellness- and spa section and a gourmet restaurant.

My wife, our dog Sally and I in front of the hotel

lovely decor

For the journey and pursuits along the beach and woods I picked a vintage three-piece heavy cheviot tweed suit; a green medallion printed wool tie from Hackett; dark brown double leather soled brogues and a brown Fedora  hat. 
For visiting Flensburg city I brought my vintage 1955 POW glen plaid check flannel suit, black captoe Oxfords; spats and a black Homburg. 
I was quite happy with my choice of attire which suited the weather perfectly - grey sky with slight rain Friday, 4 degrees Celsius, and a sunny Saturday with 5-6 degrees Celsius; no overcoats needed for the day trips as the sturdy fabrics of cheviot tweed and flannel could withstand the elements.



Friday night we had take-away sushi and Asti at the hotel room; the restaurant was closed for a Christmas party.

Evening dress was informal black tie and dinner jacket; I wore a recently acquired vintage 1920s french made spoon front black waist coat with silk covered buttons; and a single Albert with fob

After dinner getting ready to frequent the hotel bar downstairs for a restorative G&T...

Enjoying the beautiful view over Flensburg fjord in my pyjamas and dressing gown

You are also welcome to have a look at an earlier account from a weekend trip to weekend-at-seaside-hotel-in-glucksburg






No comments:

Post a Comment