5 Jun 2015

Vintage 1920/30s linen plus-fours

Finally Summer came to Denmark this year; and I grasped the first opportunity to wear my vintage 1920/30s linen plus-fours and the jacket from my 1939 De Pinna white linen suit.
The linen plus-fours are truly light and very cool to wear; unlined, flat front, brace buttons - and the fabric is in a good condition the old age taken into consideration.
My wife and I attended a garden party today at my little sister's; celebrating my nephew's and my father's birthdays. A perfect occation for white linen.

In the pictures I wear a new white cotton casual shirt with cut-away collar from Stenström's, blue-striped silk-cotton socks from Italian Gallo, a half-blue silk-cotton tie from Tommy Hilfiger, white shoes from Doucal's, and my Panama hat.

Linen - a perfect match for the warm Summer day 5th of June.
Buckle closing
Vintage linen plus-fours with semi-high back


Original MOP buttons

Button fly 
The 50% silk socks are very comfortable in the varm weather




A recent aquisition to my wardrobe is this comfortable soft cotton shirt from Swedish Stenström's


 You are more than welcome to (re-)visit older posts on the white linen suit and the white summer shoes:

White shoes from Doucal's

DePinna 1939







No comments:

Post a Comment