3 Aug 2016

Houndstooth Check suit from bespoke tailors Meyer &Mortimer

My sartorial adventures have lead me pass many tailors but my favourite suits are all from military outfitters and bespoke tailors Meyer & Mortimer of Sackville Street, London.
This lovely two-piece houndstooth check suit was made in 1973 - commisioned by a British Major. A very versatile suit that I use for both office attire and leisure.

Grey Houndstooth Check suit


The jacket is single breasted,  three-roll-two button and has the longest single vent in my wardrobe; I love it!

Long (!) single vent

The trousers are flat fronted with a high rise and turnups. Excellent craftmanship.
On this occation my wife and I dined on the terrasse at a restaurant by Marselisborg Marina overlooking the marina and Aarhus Bay area.

Three-roll-two button SB

I am sporting a white double cuffed shirt from Stenström's, a navy/silver striped tie from Drakes London, black captoe oxfords and sunglasses from Italian Ermenegildo Zegna.

Sunglasses from Italian Ermenegildo Zegna 

3 comments:

  1. Good length on the coat! A very attractive suit overall. It looks great on you.

    Best Regards,

    Heinz-Ulrich von B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sir! Indeed I also prefer the jacket lenght longer than what current fashion dictates

      Delete
  2. Well, this is my first visit to your blog! Your bespoke suits blog provided us valuable information to work on this topic. You have done a excellent job!

    ReplyDelete